Equal Opportunity and Safe Learning Environment
In Hopkins, we are committed to an inclusive educational program and school climate that affirms the value and supports the full development of individual students. This commitment is expressed through our mission and strategic priorities; our Bullying Prohibition Policy; our Student Sex Nondiscrimination (Title IX) Policy; the Equal Opportunity Policy; our Anti-Harassment, Safe-Learning Policy; and through compliance with state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, marital status, public assistance status, family care leave status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or disability, including the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990.
Equal opportunity includes:
- Curriculum and instructional resources that reflect the history, culture, and perspectives of our diverse society
- Instruction that reflects understanding of, respect for, and sensitivity to student diversity and how this diversity may affect learning
- Identification, evaluation, and appropriate education services for learners who have disabilities within the definition of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- A school environment that is free of harassment and violence, and that supports each student's opportunity to develop positive self–esteem and experience a sense of belonging
- A staff development program that supports and promotes the principles of diversity education and inclusion
- A staff that increasingly reflects the diversity of the district's student population
- Equitable opportunities to participate in athletic and other activities, and fairness in scheduling facilities and financial support
- Discipline that is administered fairly
- Access to employment and promotional opportunities
Contact & Complaint Procedure:
A procedure is available for the resolution of complaints related to equal opportunity in educational programs and services, and personnel practices. For more information, or to inquire about compliance with equal opportunity policies and laws, please contact our Assistant Superintendent:
1001 Highway 7, Hopkins, MN 55305
*Operates as the designated human rights officer, including Title IX Coordination.